2017 League InformationUpdated Tuesday August 29, 2017 by Myron Jefferson.
Unless otherwise stated the Colorado Youth Football League (CYFL) Rulebook, all games will follow the rules established by the National Federation of High School Rules (NFHS). NFHS rules are the standard in high school sports rules and regulations. The officiating for the league will be done by certified CHSAA Officials. Please contact a CYFL representative for rule clarification or with any questions you may have.
Divisions: (Age as of July 31, 2017) Max age 14
US Passport or Dependent Military ID.
The CYFL Staff for certification on Sunday, August 27, 2017. Team Books will not be accepted if the required documents for any player or coach are missing.
-6U, 7U, 8U, 9U:
Playing Field Dimensions/Game Format:
OVERTIME: (Deepest Penetration)
In case of overtime, there will be a coin flip; the winning team of the coin flip will have the choice of offense or defense, the ball will be placed at the 50-yard line. If team fails to score in four downs, turn over on downs and the opposing team will have four downs. If neither team scores whichever team gained the most yards in 4 downs will be determined the winner.
Any team that has a 21 point lead at the 2:00 warning the clock will not stop and will continue to run unless a timeout is called.
Coaches that are ejected must pay a $250 fine or serve a 2 game suspension before they return to coach
Players that are ejected must sit out the next scheduled game
Parents that are ejected their child is subject to be removed from the game as well
All teams must be inside the stadium or field 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time
High School Stadium (Field) School Zone Rules:
Field- Absolutely at NO TIME will there be Sunflower Seeds, Any Flavored Sports Drinks like Gatorade or Powerade, No Food will be permitted on the track or playing field.
Stadium- NO PETS ARE ALLOWED
School Zone (Property)- DRUG FREE SCHOOL ZONE / DRUGS, ALCOHOL & TOBACCO PRODUCTS ARE NOT PERMITTED WITHIN 500 ft
· Games start weekend of Saturday/Sunday, September 10-11, 2016 and conclude with the AAU Colorado Youth Football State Championships on Saturday and Sunday, November 12-13, 2016 at the Evie Dennis Field @ DSST in Green Valley Ranch. The Colorado Youth Fotball Championship Series II at the Neta & Eddie DeRose ThunderBowl on the beautiful campus of the defending NCAA Division II National Champions CSU-Pueblo on Sunday, November 20, 2016.
· Official Practice start on Monday, August 1, 2016
· Unlimited Practices
· Coaches determine practice days and times.
· Teams will be grouped by age as follows: 6u, 7u, 8u, 9u, 10u, 11u, 12u, 13/14u
(Age as of July 31st).
· All CYFL divisions are competitive.
· 16 Player Minimum (10 Player Minimum 6u)
· 35 Player Maximum (16 Player Maximum 6u)
· Players may be added onto rosters thru September 16, 2016. $50 Roster Change fee applies after September 1, 2016
· Season will consist of 7-8 regular season games plus 1/2 additional games for playoffs and championship game.
· Games will mostly be played on Sunday with the possibility of weeknight & Saturday.
· There is no mandatory play count, this is competitive youth football! Although it is recommended each child plays during the game, it is at the sole discretion of the coaches. Note: It is the responsibility of the parent to make the decision on whether their child plays at this competitive level within the CYFL or if their child should compete at a recreational level within another league that has a mandatory play count.
· All teams and/or organizations will need to furnish their own playing equipment including helmets, shoulder pads, 7-piece pads, cleats, and game uniforms.
· Discounted prices available to all players, teams, and organizations through league sponsor Dick’s Sporting Goods, 1200 S. Ironton St., Aurora, CO 80012 Contact Brandon Yergey @ email@example.com
Playing Field Dimensions:
· All tackle football divisions will play on regulation HS fields measuring 100 yards long and 53 1/3 yards wide with 10 yard end-zones.
Game Rules, Playing Time:
· National Federation High School/CHSAA rules in effect unless stated by league rules otherwise.
· The CYFL will use a 4 12-minute running clock quarters for all divisions. Clock will stop during all time-outs and during the last 2-minutes of the 2nd & the 4th quarter on incomplete passes and out of bounds plays if the score is within 20 points
· 6u (7-man)
· The CYFL does not have a weight restrictions in any division, therefore we do not have weigh-ins.
· Individual Team Registration $125 per player
· All participants must provide proof of age with Birth Certificate or Passport.
· All participants must have a current AAU membership.
· All Independent Teams and Organizations must be a registered AAU Club.
· All coaches must be certified through CDC, USA Football Level I Coaches Certification, Positve Coaches Alliance and Purchase a Non-Athlete AAU Membership.
· All coaches must a complete a background check through AAU